Sunday, November 21, 2010

Child Soldiers

    When I chose blogging about Child Soldiers i didn't know i would learn so much. I learned that Child Soldier is going on everywhere and that most children don't have a choice when they become a Child Soldier. Also I learned that there are over 300,000 children currently fighting in the world today. When i first started blogging about child soldiers, I didn't realize how big a deal this is. I didn't know there were so many children that lost their families because of the violence going on in different countries.
    Im still wondering when this whole thing is going to end. I think that there should be no child under a certain age should be forced to fight in wars. In this one article i read it said that there should be no child under a certain should be able to fight in armed conflicts. I certainly agree with that. I also agree that kids should not be punished for what they have done, there only just kids being forced what to do.
    During the second quarter i want to find out more about what are people doing to fix this situation. I'm not really finding a lot on that certain topic and that's what i want to go into deeper research on.  

1 comment:

  1. I think that spending a future post exploring the issue of what people are doing to help child soldiers is a great idea. I know there are some groups bringing some former soldiers to the US, but I have no idea how successful they've been in integrating them into our culture, etc. It would be interesting to explore.

    ReplyDelete